Sunday May 21, 2017 Dragonboat Events Schedule
|6:30 am||Park opens|
|7:30 am||Taichi Exercise and Demonstration|
|7:45 am||Dragon boat Eye-Dotting ceremony|
|8:15 am||Lion Dance prior to first race|
|8:30 am||Teams assemble for first race|
|12:20 pm||Welcome and National Anthem|
|12:30 pm||Dragon Dance|
|12:45 pm||Taiko (Japanese Drumming)|
|1:00 pm||Racing resumes and semi-final races begin|
|4:00 pm||Championship race|
|4:25 pm||Lion Dance|
|4:30 pm||Awards Cremony and Closing|
About the Performers
- The Taoist Taichi Society promotes the Taichi as a way to promote good health.
- The Eye Dotting of the “Awakening the Dragon” event is an old ritual that is believed to protect people from evil spirits and ward off disease for the rest of the year.
- The Southern First Martial Arts, a Tony Brown’s Kung Fu School member, performs the Lion Dance.
- Melissa Fata is a member of the St. Agnes Choir and sings with the Columbus Symphony Chorus.
- Master Sen Gao, a Chinese National Wushu athlete and judge, performs the Dragon Dance.
- Eric “the Fish” Paton formed the Japanese drumming group Huichi Taiko after a year-long international Artist in Residency project in Ohio with the world’s foremost O-Daiko soloist, Eitetsu Hayashi.
- The Laoshi Gisa Rieske of the Ascending Sun Martial Arts Academy and the Shaolin Huiguang of Hillard OH team up to present the Lion Dance.